Thursday, May 8, 2008

Taste of the Devil: May 2, 2008

Team Ride #9 with our Endurance TNT Team. This day, we cycled 108 miles and 9600 feet of climbing.

This was a tough ride more mentally/emotionally. The week of April 25th we went Go-Live with our Software for the facility to be on Electronic Medical Charting. I have been working 12 hr. shifts with mandated OT and walking rounds. Susie legs are tired. Also, my honoree is fighting a very tough battle. Sue and Bob have made the decision: no further treatments for her cancer. They are allowing the higher power take its course. On top of that, fighting GI bug being a virus or stress.

At the start of the climb of Mt. Diablo, I had a meltdown. Coach Greg was wonderful and allowed me to share my issues. With his motivation and support, I did complete the ride. The views were incredible and the comaraderie of my teammates were fantastic.

The Team is what it is about.

Special thanks to my fab 5 and dream team as well as Alex(team number 1) and coach Greg, Kim, and Jacqui. The hardest climb for me was the false summit on Patterson. I had some words in my head for my friend KSue.(She thought Patterson was not difficult....uhm).

Overall, a great sense of accomplishment. Besides physical endurance, one needs mental endurance.

Our Honoree Grace, accomplished this ride as well. She deserves kudos.

Again, thank you all for your support.

Cheers,
Bumpster


No comments: