Sunday, March 2, 2008

March 1 and 2 training rides


To my friends and family,

Thank you for your support.

Sat.: I rode with my Solvang Team and we did our taper ride: 35 miles and about 2000 feet of climbing in the East Bay. My team is known as Team Estrogen. We have one token male and his name is Toks. He is superb as he puts up with all our hormonal surges, our stories of personal nature, and the chitty chat that we females do. It was cloudy and cool but such an inspiration to see how far my team has come from first time on the bike to doing a full century the following week: Solvang, March 08.

The picture that I am posting is Sheryl (in the blue). She is a survivor from Hodgkin's. She is cycling her first century. What is amazing is that this woman is functioning with one lung due to her treatments. So, when we are struggling, think of her accomplishments.

Sun.: I had the opportunity to do my DeathRide training with some friends. I planned the route and it was harder than I remember. However, the views from 7 Sisters were incredible: clear views to the Fallon Islands in the Pacific Ocean to the west, Golden Gate to the south, Diablo Mountain to the East and to the north, gorgeous green hills. We dealt with 12-20 mph winds.

We cycled 35 miles and 4000 feet of elevation!

No comments: